About Me

My photo

Writer, soldier, thinker, and science fiction lover. I just can't seem to find a way to divide my adventurous self of constant outdoor activity and exercise from my nerdy self playing games and going to conventions. So why not just be both?

 I am a young professional living out of Tallahassee, Florida for the past five years. I have been on a deployment with the United States Army and continue to work outside of my other occupations to better myself mentally and physically. My passion for writing is driven by my passion for everything I find entertaining in life, and of course by my friends and family.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Projects

The wood was not sealed, notice the black mark, it's tar and a piece of a shingle from the roof. Poor workmanship, they just left it there to dry and damage the wood.
More and more tar was found as I moved around the deck to assess what was needed.


It took a large amount of time to remove the tar in spots, it was the most time consuming part.

Adding a hazel stain with water sealing created a nice dark deck that matched the house and terrain a lot better.

Over all I believe the color concealed the damage and neglect the previous contractor had done, and at a 1/4 of the price for the person paying!


Needless to say I have been busy. Writing, but longer pieces, I'm on book 4 at this point and don't plan to stop. My other life projects include assisting my landlord with fixing up his deck which is above and then creating a table from a cable spool.

Got a spool in good condition for $25

I decided I needed to sand it all down. I wanted the letters to stay but the top was so dirty and damaged the stain wouldn't take. Then I wanted to stop rush to taking over the metal bolts, so I coated them.

No rust coming from those.

The stain took much darker than I had expected, but I really like it. I will add a thick rope around the center piece and the edge of the table to finish it off.


No comments:

Post a Comment